Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teachers Are Lucky, They Have Summers Off!

Haven't we all heard that before? Well today, I, along with two fellow teachers, spent about three hours meeting together at school to begin planning for next year. We made plans to meet once a week this summer. Such dedication! :D But yes, teaching does take a high level of commitment and dedication. If we only put in work during the hours of 8-3, our students would not be getting the best education. We have to use our "time off" to make sure we are ready for the new group of students we will be meeting in August. So today began our busman's holiday. (I'm showing off the new vocabulary I learned from Gretchen Rubin's book called The Happiness Project.)

In addition to meeting with my colleagues, I began working on the virtual writing camp I mentioned in my last post. I was supposed to start yesterday, but I forgot! I'm excited about participating and working on my writing. I began Monday's assignment and will tackle Tuesday's a little later today.

On a final note, I ordered a book from Amazon that a fellow teacher and friend recommended. It is called Teach Like a Champion by Doug LeMov. It looks great! I can't wait to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment