Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summertime Again!

I cannot believe I did not blog a single thing all school year! I am not doing a very good job at blogging. I'm not doing much better on my personal blog either. What is it going to take?? I guess part of it is I just don't think I have much to say. Especially on this blog. I use a lot of things I find on the internet in my classroom and since it is somebody else's idea, how can I blog about that? I'm hoping as I continue on in my teaching career, I will find my creativity and start coming up with my own ideas.

So, it's summer again and again, like last summer, I'm overwhelmed with all the information out there. I'm pretty sure I will be going from teaching just language arts to teaching all subjects in a self-contained classroom. That is my hope! Unfortunately, I don't know yet! So I'm still digging into all the ELA resources out there (well pinning a lot of ideas to Pinterest anyway) while occasionally looking at math, science and social studies ideas. I'm also trying to get more familiar with Common Core. I did buy one book off of Amazon. It wasn't focused on Common Core but it will help. This is the book I bought. I will try to remember to leave a review after I read it.






I would love to map out my whole year this summer but I don't know if I have the time, patience or stamina for that. I would also LOVE to be super organized by the time the school year rolls around. I want to have all kinds of systems in place so my classroom runs like a well-oiled machine. If only I could wave a magic wand and all the neat ideas I see on Pinterest could appear all set up in my classroom!

My biggest goal for this summer though, would have to be delivering a healthy baby in just a couple of weeks! Having a newborn at home will present challenges to getting all the professional stuff done, but I'm hoping that if I just carve out a little bit of time each day, I can get things ready for next year while putting my main focus on my new little girl and of course the rest of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment