Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Forgetful Moments, Libraries and Flying Burritos!

I haven't written a post in a while so I sat down a few hours ago with an idea to blog about but I got interrupted and now I can't remember what it was! I should have seized that moment but didn't and now that moment is gone. I'm sure it was life altering news too! :P Even though I can't remember what I wanted to say, I still want to write so I'll just talk and see where my thoughts take me.

First, I have to say that I have only THREE weeks of summer left! I cannot believe that! I'm not dreading the start of school. I just don't have everything ready! I have been working up in my room 3-4 days a week for at least 3 hours a day...usually more. I have so much I want to do!

One area I'm working on is my library. I've been trying to reorganize and liven it up. I decided to use the library app from booksource that I mentioned in a previous post. I really like it. It will keep my library organized and the checkout system is more efficient than what I have now. If you already have a library system that works for you, then this may not be a benefit to you. But if you need a system overhaul or one put in place, then you might give this a try. I'm not completely finished with my library area but here is a picture of what I've done so far.

You might notice that there aren't any library books on the shelf. That is because they are on the floor as I am in the process of organizing them by genre. But I at least got the decor on the wall. I'm thinking of printing off a few quotes from different books and posting those on the wall as well along with the copy of the cover of the book they came from. One quote I have in mind is from To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
" You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view- until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch

Another quote comes from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:
 
"So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall."
And maybe a random, silly one like this one from Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
“Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it’s a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.”

No comments:

Post a Comment