Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shopping and a Blog

I'm still loving that it is summer break but I'm working at least part of every day on getting ready for next year! Yesterday I met with one of my colleagues up at the school and then worked in my classroom. Today I did one of my favorite things...shopping for my classroom! I went to The Apple Tree in Tulsa. On my list of things to get were pencils and bookmarks for the first day, posters for my 40 book challenge, new border for my library area and a welcome poster for outside my door. I decided to go with a Dr. Seuss theme just for the entry to my classroom. I will hang this poster
by my door. And I will use this border
around my door. I will post a picture after I get it all put up.

After shopping, I came home and began perusing the internet for more ideas for my classroom. I came across a great blog! Teaching My Friends! She has so many great ideas. I'm sure I will use many of them.

P.S. If you are interested in finding out what the 40 Book Challenge is, you can read about it in Donalyn Miller's book, The Book Whisperer. I will explain the way I do it in more detail in a later post. :0) Hope you are having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment